Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sydney Halfmarathon 2008

Oops, I did it again. I finished my first halfmarathon since 2002. Basically I came back from paternity leave :-), showed great motivation and a great performance right on target.



Around 7500 runners enjoyed a perfect day with loads of sunshine and around 18 degrees Celsius. I finished in 1:47 hours. I am pretty happy with the result. When I applied for the race I managed to run just 30 minutes. Six weeks later I was able to run a halfmarathon in a decent time.

Ingrid and Sebastian were great supporters. After the race we visited Ally and Graeme who pampered us with a late breakfast.

For my post race treatment we took a ferry to Manly and I enjoyed a couple of excellent wheat beers (fuer Kenner: Franziskaner Hefeweissbier). Aahhhh, fantastic.

I am very tempted to register for the Sydney Marathon in September. Maybe I should wait until tomorrow and see what my aching muscles and old bones feel like, before I take a decision...

1 comment:

Graeme said...

congratulations on a great run!!!